Last updated: 27 January, 2019
Unistore Nigeria (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the unistore website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
1. What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
track of cart contents while you’re browsing our site.
When you buy our premium plan, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 1 year for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
2. How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
3. What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
4. Security and Storage of Data
Unistore will use various security technologies and procedures to protect your Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Because of the nature of Internet, Unistore cannot guarantee the security on any transfer of Data. However, Unistore will take all practical and feasible measures to ensure any Data collected by this Website, will not be intercepted by any third party but Unistore may share your data with third party to help provide and increase the performance of our services to you and those third parties are obliged not to share your data with anyone. You must be clear Unistore advertisers or any website with links to this Website may collect your Data. You must read the relevant privacy statement carefully before you provide your Data to them. Your provision of your Data to any third party has nothing to do with Unistore and Unistore will not have any responsibility on such. If Unistore receives relevant Data from a third party, it will retain the information in the usual strict secured and confidential standards.
5. What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and marketing services to you; for example —
- Akismet – to track and flagged off any comments as spam. Data like name, email address, IP address are stored to automatic approve follow up comments without holding it in queue of moderation.
- Mailpoet – This website can send emails through the MailPoet sending service. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters. No identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
- Google Analytics – To track some non identifiable data like browser type, Location, device and number of visits made on this site.
- Paystack – We accept payments through Paystack. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Paystack, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
5. Unistore’s newsletters & emails
If you have subscribed to our newsletter or if you are a member of our website (you can log in) or if you have purchased on our website, there is a good chance you will receive emails from us.
We will only send you emails which you have signed up to receive, or which pertain to the services we provided to you.
To send you emails, we use the name and email address you provide us. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent abuse of the system.
You can unsuscribe from any future emails using the Unsuscribe link or you can contact us to remove you.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
6. Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Unistore employees can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
7. Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
8. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
9. Compliance With Laws
We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena.
11. Contact Us